There are currently 114 stubs. You can help us by expanding these articles!
Checkpoint Crates, also named Checkpoint Boxes and C Boxes, are a type of crate that appears in every game of the main Crash Bandicoot series, starting with the first game. They usually depicted with a yellow "C" (short for "checkpoint") on them. Crash or another playable character can break a Checkpoint Crate to activate it and save their progress up to that point in the level, so if the character loses a life, they continue from the most recently activated Checkpoint Crate. Unlike other Crates, if a Checkpoint Crate is broken, it only falls apart to lie flat on the ground. This is followed by the letters of "Checkpoint" individually appearing on screen, each for about a second, where the dismantled Checkpoint Crate is. If the player receives a Game Over or a character completes a level, the Checkpoint Crate's effect wears off. Checkpoint Crates have a variant made out of iron named Iron Checkpoint Crates.
In Crash Twinsanity, Checkpoint Crates automatically break whenever Crash passes them. There are similar Crates named World Crates, which save the game progress itself, so if even if the player receives a Game Over, Crash restarts from the most recently activated World Crate.
- Crash of the Titans (Game Boy Advance) instruction booklet, page 10.
- Crash Twinsanity instruction booklet, page 9.
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced instruction booklet, page 17.
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure instruction booklet, page 13.
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex instruction booklet, page 11.
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy online manual, page 5.
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back instruction booklet, page 8.