- Not to be confused with Bounce Box.
Arrow Crates are a type of crate found in most games of the main Crash Bandicoot series. They have a yellow arrow painted on them, usually with a red outline. Crash can jump on an Arrow Crate to gain a boost in height, allowing him reach higher platforms and sometimes other crates. Breaking an Arrow Crate usually releases a Wumpa Fruit. There is a type of Arrow Crates made from iron, the Iron Arrow Crates, which serve the same purpose but cannot be destroyed. Arrow Crates function the same within each of their appearances.
In Crash Twinsanity, they are named Wooden-Spring Crates, also formatted Wooden Spring Crates. In both Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced, they are named Bouncy Crates, which is usually the name given to a similar type of crate that grants Crash a boost in height, but can only be jumped on a few times before breaking. In Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Arrow Crates are instead named Spring Crates. In Crash of the Titans, Arrow Crates only appear in the Game Boy Advance version, which names them Super Spring Crates.
In Skylanders: Imaginators' Thumpin' Wumpa Islands level, there are Arrow Crates that act the same as Bounce Boxes. They, like most Bounce Boxes, are found in pairs of two, and Crash can jump in between them. An Arrow Crate breaks once Crash hits it five times, and each hit gives him some Wumpa Fruit. The top Arrow Crate of the pair always depicts a down arrow, making Skylanders: Imaginators the first game to have Arrow Crates of this type.
Crash Twinsanity artwork
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back instruction booklet, page 2.
- Crash Twinsanity instruction booklet, page 8.
- Crash Twinsanity Prima's Official Strategy Guide, page 6.
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced instruction booklet, page 19.
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced Prima's Official Strategy Guide, page 8.
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure instruction booklet, page 15.
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex instruction booklet, page 12.
- Crash of the Titans (Game Boy Advance) instruction booklet, page 10.