There are currently 114 stubs. You can help us by expanding these articles!
Crash Nitro Kart (handheld)
|Crash Nitro Kart|
Game Boy Advance cover
|Release date(s)||Game Boy Advance|
November 11, 2003
November 28, 2003
August 26, 2004
June 30, 2004
July 28, 2004
|Console(s)||Game Boy Advance, N-Gage|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
Crash Nitro Kart is a handheld racing game for the Game Boy Advance, N-Gage, and mobile phones. It is based on its main console counterpart. The handheld versions were also developed by Vicarious Visions and published by Universal Interactive. The Game Boy Advance version was released in 2003, and the N-Gage and mobile versions were released in 2004.
Differences from the console version
The handheld release has several differences from the console version, especially because handhelds were more limited at times.
- Team Cortex is named Team Evil.
- The criteria for unlocking N. Tropy is different: he can be unlocked either by clearing the game as Team Evil or by connecting the GameCube version of Crash Nitro Kart to the Game Boy Advance with the GameCube – Game Boy Advance link cable and selecting the option of unlocking him.
- Nitrous Oxide is an unlockable character unlike the console version, where he is available from the start. Nitrous Oxide can be unlocked by either winning all the Gold Relics in Adventure Mode or by connecting the GameCube version of Crash Nitro Kart to the Game Boy Advance version with the GameCube – Game Boy Advance link cable and selecting the option of unlocking him.
- Polar and Dingodile are available from the start.
- Zem, Zam, and Pura do not appear in the handheld version.
- Emperor Velo XXVII's normal form is absent from the handheld version. As a playable character, Velo is replaced by his tall, original disguise.
- Fake Crash is unlocked by being found in the course Out of Time, between a big patch of light sand on the red line on the map.
- Spyro the Dragon is exclusive to the handheld version. He is unlocked by clearing Adventure Mode as Team Bandicoot. His stats are the same as Emperor Velo XXVII.
- Krunk, Nash, Norm, Big Norm, and Geary are all unlockable characters. Each of them can be unlocked by winning a race against them in Adventure Mode.
- Crash Bandicoot
- Coco Bandicoot
- Crunch Bandicoot
- Dr. Neo Cortex
- N. Gin
- Tiny Tiger
- N. Trance
- Nitrous Oxide
- N. Tropy
- Big Norm
- Emperor Velo XXVII
- Fake Crash
- Spyro the Dragon
- This article is a stub. You can help the Crash Bandicoot Wiki by .